1. Guide to Curing Concrete (ACI 308.R-01), ACI Manual of Concrete Practice, American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, 2001.
2. Meeks, K.W., and Carino, N.J., "Curing of High-Performance Concrete: Report of the State-of-the-Art," NISTIR 6295, U.S. Department of Commerce, March 1999.
3. Philleo, R.E., "Concrete Science and Reality," Materials Science of Concrete II, J. Skalny and S. Mindess, eds., American Ceramic Society, Westerville, OH, 1991, pp. 1-8.
4. Bentz, D.P.; Geiker, M.R.; and Jensen, O.M., "On the Mitigation of Early Age Cracking," Self-Desiccation and Its Importance in Concrete Technology III, B. Persson and G. Fagerlund, eds., Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden, 2002, pp. 195-203.
5. Geiker, M.R.; Bentz, D.P.; and Jensen, O.M., "Mitigating Autogenous Shrinkage by Internal Curing," High-Performance Structural Lightweight Concrete, SP-218, J.P. Ries and T.A. Holm, eds., American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, 2004, pp. 143-154.
6. Bentz, D.P., and Jensen, O.M., "Mitigation Strategies for Autogenous Shrinkage Cracking," Cement and Concrete Composites, V. 26 (6), 2004, pp. 677-685.
7. Feng, X.; Garboczi, E.J.; Bentz, D.P.; Stutzman, P.E.; and Mason, T.O., "Estimation of the Degree of Hydration of Blended Cement Pastes by a Scanning Electron Microscope Point-Counting Procedure," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 34, 2004, pp. 1787-1793.
8. Kjellsen, K.O., and Fjallberg, L., "Measurements of the Degree of Hydration of Cement Paste by SEM, 29Si NMR and XRD Methods," Proc. Workshop on Water in Cement Paste & Concrete Hydration and Pore Structure, Skagen, Denmark, The Nordic Concrete Federation, 1999, pp. 85-98.
9. Scrivener, K.L.; Patel, H.H.; Pratt, P.L.; and Parrott, L.J., "Analysis of Phases in Cement Paste Using Backscattered Electron Images, Methanol Adsorption and Thermogravimetric Analysis," Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., V. 85, 1987, pp. 67-76.
10. Snyder, K.A., and Bentz, D.P., "Suspended Hydration and Loss of Freezable Water in Cement Pastes Exposed to 90 % Relative Humidity," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 34, 2004, pp. 2045-2056.
11. Bager, D.H., and Sellevold, E.J., "Ice Formation in Hardened Cement Paste, Part I – Room Temperature Cured Pastes with Variable Moisture Contents, " Cement and Concrete Research, V. 16, 1986, pp. 709-720.
12. Bager, D.H., and Sellevold, E.J., "Ice Formation in Hardened Cement Paste, Part II- Drying and Resaturation on Room Temperature Cured Pastes," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 16, 1986, pp. 835-844.
13. Bager, D.H., and Sellevold, E.J., "Ice Formation in Hardened Cement Paste, Part III- Slow Resaturation of Room Temperature Cured Pastes," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 17, 1987, pp. 1-11.
14. Setzer, M.J., "Interaction of Water with Hardened Cement Paste, " Ceramic Transactions: Advances in Cementitious Materials, V. 16, S. Mindess, ed., American Ceramic Society, Westerville, OH, 1992, pp. 415-439.
15. Igarishi, S.; Watanabe, A.; and Kawamura, M., "Effects of Curing Conditions on the Evolution of Coarse Capillary Pores in Cement Pastes," PRO36: Proc. Int. RILEM Symp. On Concrete Science & Engineering − A Tribute to Arnon Bentur, K. Kovler, J. Marchand, S. Mindess, and J. Weiss, eds., RILEM Publications S.A.R.L., Paris, France, 2004.
16. Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory, "Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory Proficiency Sample Program: Final Report on Portland Cement Proficiency Samples Number 151 and 152," Gaithersburg, MD, April 2004, available at http://www.ccrl.us.
17. Bentz, D.P., and Stutzman, P.E., "SEM analysis and computer modelling of hydration of Portland cement particles," Petrography of Cementitious Materials, ASTM STP 1215, S.M. DeHayes and D. Stark, eds., American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA, 1994, pp. 60-73.
18. Bentz, D.P., Three-Dimensional Computer Simulation of Cement Hydration and Microstructure Development," Journal of the American Ceramic Society, V. 80 (1), 1997, pp. 3-21.
19. Molina, L., "On Predicting the Influence of Curing Conditions on the Degree of Hydration," CBI Report 5:92, Swedish Cement and Concrete Research Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, 1992.
20. Bentz, D.P., "CEMHYD3D: A Three-Dimensional Cement Hydration and Microstructure Development Modelling Package. Version 2.0," NISTIR 6485, U.S. Department of Commerce, April 2000.
21. Bentz, D.P.; Snyder, K.A.; and Stutzman, P.E., "Microstructural Modelling of Self-Desiccation During Hydration," Self-Desiccation and Its Importance in Concrete Technology, B. Persson and G. Fagerlund, eds., Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, 1997, pp.132-140.