Up: Main Previous: Appendix
Unless otherwise noted the terms sorption and capillary sorption
both refer to the same process - water absorption.
F.A.L Dullien, Porous Media: Fluid Transport and Pore Structure,
Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1992.
- G.K. Batchelor, Introduction to fluid dynamics, 147 (1956).
- N.S. Martys, J. Chromatography 707 (1995) p.35-43.
- C. Hall, Materials and
Structures, 27, 291-306, 1994.
- K. Hertz, Report No. 166, Institute of Building Design,
Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, 1984.
- AASHTO Designation T259-80 (1990) American Association of State
Highway and Transportation Officials. AASHTO Standard Specifications Part II,
Tests. Washington, D.C..
- D. Whiting and P. D. Cady, SHRP-S/FR-92-109, Strategic Highway
Research Program, National Research Council, Washington, DC, 1992.
- D.W. Pfeifer, D.B. McDonald and P.D. Krauss, PCI Journal,
- R. K. Dhir, P.C. Hewlett, and Y. N. Chan, Magazine of
Concrete Research, Vol. 39, No. 141, 183 (1987).
- M. Levitt, Proceedings of Symposium on Non-Destructive
Testing of Concrete and Timber, Institute of Civil Engineers, London,
- J. Kaufmann, W. Studer, Materials and Structures,
28 , pp. 115-123 (1995).
- L.J. Parrot, Materials and Structures, 25,
pp. 284-292 (1992).
- M. Sosoro and H. W. Reinhardt, The Modelling of
Microstructure and Its Potential for Studying Transport Properties and
Durability, H. Jennings et al. (eds.), Kluwere Academic Publishers,
Netherlands. 443, (1996).
- D. P. Bentz and E. J. Garboczi,
"Modeling the Leaching of
Calcium Hydroxide from Cement Paste: Effects on Pore Space Percolation and
Diffusivity," Materials and Structures,
25 pp 523-533 (1992).
- Results in this section concerning capillary transport
in a tube were taken
from A.W. Adamson, Physical Chemistry of of Surfaces,
second edition, Interscience Publishers, division of John Wiley and
Sons, New York (1967),and
S. Wu, Polymer and Interface Adhesion,
Marcell Dekker, Inc. New York (1982).
- "Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength
of Hydraulic Cement Mortars" ASTM C109-93, Annual book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04.01,1994.
- P. Halamickova, R. J. Detwiler, D. P. Bentz, and E. J. Garboczi,
Water Permeability and
Chloride Ion Diffusion in Portland Cement Mortars: Relationship to Sand Content and Critical Pore Diameter," Cement and Concrete Research, 25, No. 4, pp. 790-802, (1995).
Y. Xi, Z. P. Bazant, L. Molina, and H.M. Jennings, Advn. Cem. Bas.
Mat., 1, 258, (1994).
D. P. Bentz, E. Schlangen, and E. J. Garboczi, Material
Science of Concrete IV, J. Skalny and S. Mindess, editors,
The American Ceramic Society, Westerville Ohio, 155 (1995).
- J.B. Hubbard, T. Nguyen, and D. P. Bentz, J. Chem. Phys. 96,(4), 3177-3182, 1992.
- R.F. Richards, Proceedings of the ASHRAE/DOE/BTECC
Conference on Thermal Performance of the Exterior
Envelopes of Buildings V; Clearwater Beach, FL; Dec. 7-10, 501, (1992).
Up: Main Previous: Appendix