1. Mather, B., "Self-Curing Concrete, Why Not?", Concrete International, V. 23, No. 1, 2001, pp. 46-47.
2. Roberts, J., "Internal Curing in Pavements, Bridge Decks and Parking Structures, Using Absorptive Aggregates to Provide Water to Hydrate Cement not Hydrated by Mixing Water," presentation at 83rd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., Jan. 2004.
3. Jensen, O.M., and Hansen, P.F., "Water-Entrained Cement-Based Materials I. Principle and Theoretical Background," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 31, No. 5, 2001, pp. 647-654 and "Water-Entrained Cement-Based Materials II. Experimental Observations," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 32, No. 6, 2002, pp. 973-978.
4. Geiker, M.; Bentz, D.P.; and Jensen, O.M., "Mitigating Autogenous Shrinkage by Internal Curing," in High-Performance Structural Lightweight Concrete, ACI SP-218, Eds. J.P. Ries and T.A. Holm, American Concrete Institute, 2004, pp. 143-154.
5. Geiker, M., "Studies of Portland Cement Hydration: Measurement of Chemical Shrinkage and a Systematic Evaluation of Hydration Curves by Means of the Dispersion Model," Ph.D. Thesis, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, 1983.
6. Bentz, D.P., and Snyder, K.A., "Protected Paste Volume in Concrete Extension to Internal Curing Using Saturated Lightweight Fine Aggregate," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 29, 1999, pp. 1863-1867.
7. Virtual Cement and Concrete Testing Laboratory. Version 1.0, available at http://vcctl.cbt.nist.gov (access verified Feb. 2004).
8. Mounanga, P.; Khelidj, A.; Loukili, A.; and Baroghel-Bouny, V., "Predicting Ca(OH)2 Content and Chemical Shrinkage of Hydrating Cement Pastes Using Analytical Approach," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 34, No. 2, 2004, pp. 255-265.
9. Bentz, D.P., "Three-Dimensional Computer Simulation of Cement Hydration and Microstructure Development," Journal of the American Ceramic Society, V. 80, No. 1, 1997, pp. 3-21.
10. Lura, P., "Autogenous Deformation and Internal Curing of Concrete," Ph.D. Thesis, Delft University, Delft, The Netherlands, 2003.
11. Tazawa, E. (editor), Autogenous Shrinkage of Concrete, E & FN Spon, London, 1999.
12. CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 68th ed., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, Florida, 1987.
13. Young, J.F., and Hansen, W., "Volume Relationships for C-S-H Formation Based on Hydration Stoichiometries," MRS Symp. Proc., V. 85, 1987, pp. 313-322.
14. Bentz, D.P., "CEMHYD3D: A Three-Dimensional Cement Hydration and Microstructure Development Modelling Package. Version 2.0," NIST Internal Report 6485, U.S. Department of Commerce, 2000.
15. Justnes, H.; Sellevold, E.J.; Reyniers, B.; Van Loo, D.; Van Gemert, A.; Verboven, F.; and Van Gemert, D., "The Influence of Cement Characteristics on Chemical Shrinkage," in Autogenous Shrinkage of Concrete, Ed. E. Tazawa, E&FN Spon, London, 1999, pp. 71-80.
16. Haecker, C.J.; Bentz, D.P.; Feng, X.; and Stutzman, P.E., "Prediction of Cement Physical Properties by Virtual Testing," Cement International, V. 1, No. 3, 2003, pp. 86-92.
17. Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory, "Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory Proficiency Sample Program: Final Report on Portland Cement Proficiency Samples Number 135 and 136," Gaithersburg, MD, March 2000.
18. Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory, "Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory Proficiency Sample Program: Final Report on Portland Cement Proficiency Samples Number 139 and 140," Gaithersburg, MD, March 2001.
19. Lura, P.; Bentz, D.P.; Lange, D.A.; Kovler, K.; and Bentur, A., "Pumice Aggregates for Internal Water Curing," PRO 36: Proc. International Symposium on Concrete Science and Engineering, RILEM Publications S.A.R.L., 2004, pp. 137-151.
20. Bentz, D.P.; Garboczi, E.J.; and Snyder, K.A., "A Hard Core/Soft Shell Microstructural Model for Studying Percolation and Transport in Three-Dimensional Composite Media," NIST Internal Report 6265, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1999.
21. Bentz, D.P., Koenders, E.A.B., Mönnig, S., Reinhardt, H.-W., Breugel, K. van, and Ye, G., "Materials Science-Based Models in Support of Internal Curing," to appear in RILEM State-of-the-Art Report, Internal Curing of Concrete, 2005.