Up: Main Previous: Acknowledgements
- A. Bentur, "Microstructure, interfacial effects, and micromechanics of cementitious
composites," in Advances in Cementitious Materials, ed. S. Mindess, Ceram. Trans. 16
(Amer. Ceram. Soc., Westerville, Ohio, 1991), pp. 523-550.
- X. Ping, J.J. Beaudoin, and R. Brousseau, Flat-aggregate portland cement paste
interfaces, I. Electrical conductivity models, Cem. Conc. Res. 21, 515-522 (1991).
- U. Costa, M. Facoetti, and F. Massazza, Permeability of the cement-aggregate
interface: Influence of the type of cement, water/cement ratio and superplasticizer, in
Admixtures for Concrete: Improvement of Properties, ed. E. Vazquez (Chapman and Hall,
London, 1990), pp. 392-401.
- R. Zimbelman, A contribution to the problem of cement-aggregate bond, Cem. Conc.
Res. 15, 810-808 (1985).
- R. Uchikawa, Similarities and discrepancies of hardened cement paste, mortar, and
concrete from the standpoint of composition and structure, J. Res. Onoda Cem. Co. 40, 1-24
- K.L. Scrivener and E.M. Gartner, Microstructural gradients in cement paste around
aggregate particles, in Bonding in Cementitious Composites, ed. S. Mindess and S.P. Shah
(Materials Research Society, Pittsburgh, 1988), pp. 77-85.
- D.P. Bentz and E.J. Garboczi, Digitized direct simulation model of the microstructural
development of cement paste, in Physical Phenomena in Granular Materials, ed. G.D. Cody,
T.H. Geballe, and P. Sheng (Materials Research Society, Pittsburgh, 1990), pp. 523-530.
- D.P. Bentz and E.J. Garboczi, A digitized simulation model for microstructural
development, in Advances in Cementitious Materials, ed. S. Mindess, Ceram. Trans. 16
(Amer. Ceram. Soc. , Westerville, Ohio, 1991), pp. 211-226.
D.P. Bentz and E.J. Garboczi,
Simulation studies of the effects of mineral admixtures
on the cement paste-aggregate interfacial zone, ACI Mat. J. 88, 518-529
- J.F. Young and W. Hansen, Volume relationships for CSH formation based on
hydration stoichiometries, in Microstructural Development During Hydration of Cement, ed.
L.J. Struble and P.W. Brown (Materials Research Society, Pittsburgh, 197), pp. 313-322.
- G. Fagerlund, Frost resistance of concrete with porous aggregate, Report of the
Cement and Concrete Institute of Sweden (1978).
E.J. Garboczi and D.P. Bentz,
Digital simulation of the aggregate-cement paste
interfacial zone in concrete, J. Mat. Res. 6, 196-201 (1991).
- K. van Breugel, Simulation of Hydration and Formation of Structure in
Hardening Cement-Based Materials, Ph.D. thesis, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Delft University of
Technology, The Netherlands (1991).
- K.L. Scrivener, A. Bentur, and P.L. Pratt, Quantitative characterization of the
transition zone in high strength concretes, Adv. Cem. Res. 1, 230-237 (1988).
- R.D. Hooton, Permeability and pore structure of cement pastes containing fly ash,
slag, and silica fume, in Blended Cements, ed. G. Frohnsdorff (ASTM, Philadelphia, 1986),
- E.E. Berry, R.T. Hemmings, W.S. Langley, and G.G. Carette, Beneficiated fly ash:
Hydration, microstructure, and strength development in portland cement systems, in Fly Ash,
Silica Fume, and Natural Pozzolans in Concrete, ed. V.M. Malhotra (Amer. Conc. Inst., Detroit,
1989), pp. 241-273.
- M.H. Zhang and O.E. Gjorv, Microstructure of the interfacial zone between
lightweight aggregate and cement paste, Cem. Conc. Res. 20, 610-618 (1990).
- B. Ben-Othman and N.R. Buenfeld, Oxygen permeability of structural lightweight
aggregate concrete, in Protection of Concrete (E. and F.N. Spon, London, 1990), pp. 725-
- R.L. Berger, Properties of concrete with cement clinker aggregate, Cem. Conc. Res.
4, 99-112 (1974).
D.P. Bentz, P.E. Stutzman, and E.J. Garboczi,
Experimental and simulation studies
of the interfacial zone in concrete, Cem. Conc. Res. 22, 891-902 (1992).
Up: Main Previous: Acknowledgements