COST 6-Step Design/Analysis Procedure
The following steps will allow you to determine
optimal concrete mixture proportion values:
Return to top of page
- Specify Responses -- You specify the responses and
desired performance criteria for your project.
- Specify Mixtures -- You specify the factors (mixture components) to be varied, their ranges,
and material properties needed for mixture proportioning (e.g.,
specific gravities, absorptions, etc.)
After Steps 1 and 2 are complete, COST will automatically generate a
set of trial batches (an experimental plan) for you.
- Run -- You run the experiment (batch, fabricate, and test) according to the plan generated by COST.
- Input Data -- When the experiment is finished, you enter the results into COST.
- Analyze -- After you enter the experimental results, COST will analyze the data for you.
- Summarize -- After analysis is complete, COST will summarize the main conclusions of the
analysis and provide optimal mixture proportions for you.